I had a good week for a new blogger.
In reading posts from greenbenchramblings and gardensunshine, I was thrilled for them that they had both received the Versatile Blogger Award. But reading further, I was shocked that they had mentioned me in their list of nominated blogs.
What can I say except to congratulate them on their awards and send them both a sincere thank you for recognizing grandparentsplus2.
As part of this recognition, I need to list seven things you might not know about me, so here goes…
1. As a child visiting my grandparents’ Brookside Farm, I spent more time barefoot than I did in shoes.
2. In my prime, I could key 110 words per minute.
3. When my daughter was young, we owned both full-size and miniature horses. Loved them all.
5. About ten years ago, my husband and I and our daughter’s family picked up and moved from the Midwest to New England and found out why more people don’t move from where they are to where they want to be – it’s an extremely hard thing to do.
6. My daughter writes on-line content for Mother Earth News and Grit Magazine and has a very successful blog about the farming aspect of our lives – www.1840farm.wordpress.com
7. On my bucket list is the goal to visit my uncle’s grave site at the American Cemetery in Luxembourg and pay family respects for the ultimate sacrifice he and his younger brother made in WWII. America – the home of the free because of the brave.
Favorite blogs to come next…