Endurance is defined as “the capacity of something to last or to withstand wear and tear.” This certainly describes our barn which was built in 1840 and is still treasured today by our family 174 years later.
To put it in perspective, our barn was built:
- 1 year before the first wagon train left from Missouri headed to California
- 4 years prior to the first telegraph message
- 8 years earlier than the California Gold Rush began
- 15 years prior to the first locomotive successfully traveling from the Atlantic to the Pacific
- 21 years before The Civil War started
For other interpretations of “Endurance.”